Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Taking on the New Year

It's a new year with new goals and new hopes for all of us.  I'm rarely short on goals and plans.  So over the holidays and into the new year the last couple years I've tried to slow down a little and think more about WHY I'm setting out to achieve all the goals I set for myself.  I want to focus on the things that matter most.  I don't want to miss out on the few most important things in life, because I'm too caught up in the many urgent things going on.    

Spending some time with family in Texas was by far the most important thing to Beth and I over the holidays and we really enjoyed doing just that.  I had a few really mellow days which were much needed.  

Since then I put in what we most likely be my biggest volume training block of the year.  In a 9 day period I did 8 rides totaling 31 hours AND 3 weight sessions at the gym.  The riding went well and with a couple days rest I'll be in a great place for more solid training throughout January.  

I have my sights on a shorter season this year and plan on this being my last year racing at the pro level. My hope is to encourage a few people, bring a little glory to God, and go really fast at some big races including the early season US Cup races, Whiskey 50, Marathon Nationals, Grand Junction Off-Road, and Marathon World Championships.  

As part of my goal to encourage others as much as possible this year, next week I'll share the first of a series of posts about making the most of your family time, work, and love for racing.  Don't take your opportunities and blessings for granted.  Be thankful, work hard and more will follow!   

Thank you for checking in with me here and please share this page with anyone you think might enjoy it.  

-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment