Monday, January 26, 2015

Training Update - Rolling with It

The last couple weeks have been good and bad, but I'm getting it done and learning to stay positive regardless.  2 weeks ago I had a great week of training, everything going to plan, and then last week things got way too busy and we all got sick at my house.  I fought it the first day and trained anyway, but it wasn't meant to be so I listened to my body and let it go turning the week into a recovery week. 

This time of year is an interesting balance training wise.  The early part of base training is easy because you just want to start adding volume and it's good to not sweat a lot of details beyond that.  Now it's time to add some intensity, and keep up the volume, and keep a weight training program going.  Doing quality workouts in all of those areas each week is not as easy.  For me it usually means adjusting my plan each week as I go.  I stick to the overall plan, but adjust the exact workouts and day I do them at the start of each week.  So far I'm working it out pretty well and slowly feeling stronger.  I'll most likely have to wait on my first "training" race of the year which I was hoping to do this weekend.  When you're training and racing on top of everything else in life it's important to make small adjustments like that as you build up so you can remain 100% committed to your bigger goals later in the year.

Rolling out at dawn

Some good sunrises lately

 Plenty of time with Cam
 
Even more time here 

An awesome day back to business on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment