Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pelican Hill Intervals...

So my typical key workouts are 1hr - 1:15 tempo sessions, 5min climbing repeats, and group rides for top end intensity, and I hit the VO2 intervals much less often. The short hard efforts are not my strength so I've been trying to train that a little more this year.  The workouts look something like this:


This workout is on Pelican Hill in Newport, I punch it up the first part of the climb for about 1:20 around 430 watts, then it's 3min easy with a small hill, and punch it up the rest of the climb in about 3:10 around 380 watts, with a 3:20 easy downhill to complete the loop...

On the first one I just go hard and it feels good, then there is some lactate in the legs for all the others and I get pretty anaerobic.  Last night was 90+ degrees and the air quality must have been bad because I had a really tough time after the 3rd one with a stomach cramp then asthma like breathing after the 4th one.  My hear rate was a few beats higher then normal throughout with the heat, but overall it was a solid workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment