Monday, December 13, 2010

50 - 16

Another busy work week is in the books.  Now we only have 2 weeks to go before the holidays!  It feels good to wrap-up my first training block during a busy time at work.  I've logged 3 consistent weeks of 45-50 hours worked and 16 hours ridden.  Most importantly I've had a lot of fun on the bike. 

The 3 week block wrapped up yesterday afternoon on Saddleback peak.  First we had to get to the peak and that ended up being a 2 hour, 4,000 foot climb in the 80 degree December heat.  Then at 3:12pm the alarm clock rang and the next 40 minutes was awesome downhill ripping to Cooks Corner.  My 178 average heart rate for a 40 minute downhill means the effort was ON the whole way down (including the few small climbs out).  The Downieville Classic DH is the only other course / effort I've done that compares.  Good times! 

The rest of my week looks like this...

 The view to my left 40-50 hours a week

And this is the drawer that keeps me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment