Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pursue the Things You Love While Balancing Your Priorities

I write this blog because I love sharing the things I'm able to experience and learn through racing.  I've been inconsistent at times.  After a bit of a break I'm now ready to write with more of a purpose going into the new year and new season of bike racing.  
We are all struggling to balance our priorities in life while also pursuing the other things we're passionate about.  If you're one of my friends and reading this, you most likely love endurance sports.

My goal is to encourage you and help you balance the expectations and demands of life, family, work, and racing.  

Going after great accomplishments and building great relationships is not easy.  It's a lifelong process.  But I believe we get the most out of life when we give our best to others and to our pursuits.  The hard work is more than worth it when the alternative is looking back one day wondering what could have been.  Or worse yet, what did I miss out on because I was TOO focused on some personal goal??
While I chase my racing dreams and encourage you to chase yours, the only way to be truly satisfied in life starts with keeping those dreams balanced with our most important relationships and responsibilities.  I believe that God ultimately has plans for me related to cycling that are far greater than simply racing.  I believe he has huge plans for me to give back to others through cycling.  For now I still have some big racing goals on my heart and this blog is a way for me to share the journey with all of you who can relate.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment