Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Riding Update - Slowly but Surely the Hard Work and Patience is Paying Off with Some Stronger and Faster Riding

Since I last wrote an update about my riding things have been going really well.  I'm thankful to be healthy and put in a very solid 2 week training block over the last week of January and first week of February.  I added some intensity and kept up some decently high volume which are not an easy mix.  The 2nd weekend I had a big 6 hour mountain bike ride on Saturday, followed by my first crit in a few years on Sunday.  It was a good change of pace for me and went really well.  I hung in a big Pro,1,2 field without much trouble and had a great workout even with tired legs. 

After some much needed rest, I hit a couple more intensity days this past weekend.  I messed myself up a little bit with a gym day on Friday followed by the hard rides.  Even though I kept it moderate at the gym my hips were a little sore and with the hard rides I really irritated my hamstring again.  Two days of rest later it’s feeling normal again but I think it’s time to back away from the gym altogether now.  Saturday I had a much improved 20min power test.  Sunday I did the Como group ride.  With some road races going on in the area it was a little smaller and less animated than normal.  The Sho-Air team was there as part of their training camp though and it was cool taking some strong pulls along-side some national champs. 

Slowly but surely the hard work and patience is paying off with some stronger and faster riding!  This Saturday will be a great training effort at the Harding Time Trial.  Not sure how close I can come to Tinker, but we’ll see.  Two years ago I won in 54:09 but last year he put in something like a 51:30…   After that it will be the first cross country race of the season as the CA Series kicks off at Vail Lake, Temecula.  See you out there!  

A huge thank you to Stage21 for setting me up on an awesome new ride!

We've had some serious fog days lately 


Always make sure your snacks are well stocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment